I’m all about celebrating special occasions—from the smallest moments to major milestones—so I couldn’t wait to celebrate National Pinot Grigio Day on May 17. In anticipation of the holiday, I put together a glam picnic “how-to” with Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio as the centerpiece.
Mezzacorona has been crafting Estate Grown wines since 1904. Located at the foot of the Italian Dolomites, the region is shaped by a spectrum of microclimates, ranging from Mediterranean to Alpine. The Pinot Grigio has notes of crisp Granny Smith apple, some minerality, and honeysuckle.
I grabbed my best friend, poured some bottles of Mezzacorona, and let the picnic begin. My picnic essentials are…
- A comfy and sturdy blanket, that can handle tough stains
- A picnic basket full of goodies—including a dope charcuterie spread and some fruit to freshen up
- A delicious dessert, to satisfy that sweet tooth later on
- And a refreshing boozy drink to keep you hydrated in between bottles of wine
I put together a white peach sangria, my husband’s signature drink, that is oh so easy to make and keeps you somewhat hydrated. All you have to do is…
- Grab a pitcher and to put some ice in in
- Then put in some canned sliced peaches to taste (juice optional, I opt for no)
- Pour in some Mezzacorona Pinot Grigio to taste (I usually pour in most of the bottle)
- And then top with mint and Fresca (or sparkling water or another clear soda) and stir
- And pour into a wine glass for ultimate fanciness
And there you have it. The perfect, casual but fun, setting for National Pinot Grigio Day! How do you plan on celebrating?
This post was made in partnership with Mezzacorona.